Konami has announced today its Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, which will serve as a prologue to Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, will launch on March 18, 2014 on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
In addition to today’s news, Konami has also made a 15-minute preview video of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes available showing off the Xbox One version. The video shows off the first section of gameplay in Ground Zeroes as well as highlighting differences between the title’s Normal and Hard difficulty modes.
Konami also unveiled exclusives for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, which will include the exclusive “Jamais Vu” mission that stars Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance’s Raiden, who is tasked with taking out a cabal of body snatchers who have occupied a U.S. Navy facility in Cuba.
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 owners should still rest easy as Konami previously announced their versions will feature the exclusive “Deja Vu” mission as well as a classic Solid Snake skin to play with.
Unfortunately, today’s news makes no mention on when Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will be released. Hopefully it won’t be too long from when Ground Zeroes is released as we’re sure you’d want to keep its story fresh in your mind prior to jumping into The Phantom Pain.
- 2014-03-19: Konami Code Easter Egg Appears On Google’s Voice Search
- 2014-03-18: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Now Available
- 2014-03-16: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes For Australia And New Zealand Delayed By A Week
- 2014-03-12: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PS3 Pre-Order Nets You Peace Walker HD
- 2014-01-09: DanceDanceRevolution Classroom Edition Could Help Reduce Childhood Obesity
- 2013-12-09: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Releasing March 18
- 2013-08-21: Konami Code Tattoo Is So Cool It May Give 30 Extra Lives
- 2013-08-02: Konami Surveying Gamers About Possible Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Sequel