Just last week we reported that Microsoft had pulled the Surface Pro 2 update and while that’s fine, what was not cool was the fact that Microsoft had planned to release the update after the holiday season, meaning that Surface Pro 2 owners were in for a wait and could only expect the update come January 2014. Well the good news is that Microsoft seems to have heard the disgruntled cries of its customers who weren’t too thrilled about such a long wait, and have released a statement saying that the update could arrive earlier than expected.
According to Microsoft, “To ensure the best experience for our customers, we have taken steps to remove the update for Surface Pro 2 that was previously published through Windows Update on December 10th, 2013 […] We are working to release an alternative update package as soon as possible.” Granted “as soon as possible” doesn’t necessarily mean we can expect it today or tomorrow, but it does sound better than “after the holidays”, which was what Microsoft had initially stated. This doesn’t give us a definite release date either, but we will keep our eyes peeled and update you guys once we know more.
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft Trademarks Filed Are Game-Related
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released
- 2014-04-23 China Thinks Windows 8 Is ‘Expensive’
- 2014-04-23 Bing In Classroom Arrives At All U.S. Schools
- 2014-04-03 Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Purchase Comes With Free Controller, 2 Games
- 2014-04-03 Surface Pro 2 Users Experiencing Slow WiFi When Bluetooth Is Enabled
- 2014-03-24 Surface Pro 2 Tablets Apparently Still Using Older Processors
- 2014-01-20 Surface 2 Tablets Back In Stock On Microsoft Store Website
- 2014-01-19 Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Firmware Update Released Once Again