Now that the Black Friday wars are over, you’re probably the proud owner of a next-generation video game console, or you’ll at least be receiving one from a parental unit this holiday season. If you’re expecting a future with the Xbox One, then you might have some trouble adapting to its new interface. That’s why Xbox Live’s Major Nelson took it upon himself to release a new video that highlights some helpful tips on how to navigate through the Xbox One’s interface.
In the video, Major Nelson highlights a number of “fun, smaller features” that will hopefully improve your overall experience with the Xbox One. One of the first tips Major Nelson gives is just how important the controller’s Menu button is as it’s a context-sensitive tool that can be used in a number of ways across the Xbox One experience.
Voice commands are also a big part of the Xbox One experience, so hopefully you decide against hiding the Xbox One Kinect somewhere in your closet for fear of being watched while you play. At any time, you can say “Xbox Go To” and then the application or game you’d like to use, or “Xbox Select” to bring up app-specific commands.
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week
- 2014-02-19: Xbox One Media Remote Launching This Week [Rumor]
- 2013-12-13: Dead Rising 3 Demo Available Today; Details On First DLC Revealed
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-11: Xbox One Sells Over 2 Million Units In First 18 Days
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One Mod Makes It Possible To Play With PS4, 360, PS3 Controllers