Minecraft recently sold a total of 10 million copies on the Xbox 360 version alone, but the game’s overall sales will certainly get a boost come December 17 as that is when the PlayStation 3 version of the game will be released. Minecraft’s console developer, 4J Studios, announced just last month the PS3 version of the game would be made available prior to the next-gen version. Currently, the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita versions of Minecraft are still in development and will be released next year, although it’s unknown if it’ll be cross-compatible or if remote play will be an option.
The PlayStation 3 version of Minecraft is expected to be “pretty much identical” to other console versions of the game, namely the Xbox 360 version since that’s currently the only other console the game is available on. DLC and texture packs for Minecraft on the PlayStation 3 are said to be available on PSN soon after the game’s release.
The announcement for the PS3 version of Minecraft didn’t mention the price of the game, although if its release on the Xbox 360 is any indication, we think it’s safe to say you should expect the Minecraft to cost at least $20.
- 2014-04-23 Grid Autosport By Codemasters Coming This June
- 2014-04-16 Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11 Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31 Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2013-12-10 Borderlands 2 On PS3 Available Free For PS Plus Subscribers Today
- 2013-11-25 Atlus Reveals Persona 5 With Winter 2014 Release Date For Japan
- 2013-11-15 Destiny Beta Headed To PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 First
- 2013-11-06 Sony Announces 80M PS3 Consoles Have Been Sold Globally
- 2013-11-01 Limited Edition PS3 Transparent Controller Going On Sale Dec. 19 In Japan