The other day we reported on a certain LG V510, which was speculated to be the LG G Pad 8.3, but at the same time many couldn’t help but shake the feeling that there is a good chance it could be a new Nexus tablet from Google, possible a Nexus 8, if the rumors are to be believed. Well according to @evleaks, he has posted a screenshot of what appears to be a snippet of code, possible from a User Agent Profile, where the model of the device has been revealed, along with a tag that seems to indicate Google’s involvement, which we can only assume would mean that the tablet would be sold through Google’s Play store as the Nexus 8.
As the LG G Pad 8.3 has the model number V500, the V510 model number would suggest some kind of variant. For example with the LG G2, its less powerful sibling is the Nexus 5, although both models do feature specs that are quite similar, save for a few minor differences, so it wouldn’t be completely out of the question that Google/LG might base the Nexus 8 off the G Pad 8.3’s specs. In any case @evleaks appears to be pretty confident about the device being of the Nexus variety, but we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more info. In the meantime what do you guys think of a Nexus 8? Yay or nay for the 8.3” form factor?
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Launching Low-Cost Windows Tablets In India
- Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- Microsoft Surface Mini Rumored For June Announcement
- Alleged Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specs Leaked
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued