If you’re looking for a motion tracking app for your Nokia Lumia device, perhaps as a way to keep track of your fitness and your daily activities, you might be interested in the recently released Motion Monitor app by Nokia. The app, as it stands, is currently in beta, but basically what it does is that it follows similar fitness tracking apps by monitoring the user’s physical activity, such as motion and steps. The app will be able to run in the background and reportedly consumes very little power because it uses one of the Lumia 1520’s cores to off-load sensor data, similar to how the Apple M7 chip works in the iPhone 5s.
As expected this means that the Motion Monitor app will be an exclusive to the Lumia 1520, although it wouldn’t be a complete surprise if Nokia and Microsoft eventually open up the API to third party developers who might be thinking of creating something similar as an alternative. In the meantime if you’re an owner of the Lumia 1520, you can head on over to the Windows Phone Store for the download, but like we said the app is currently in beta, so do expect the occasional bug every now and then.
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-07: Delta Airlines To Bring 20,000 Lumia 1520 Handsets To Their Flight Attendants
- 2014-04-02: Nokia Announces New Badges Program To Reward Their Developers
- 2014-03-31: Nokia Lumia 1520 Beats Out The Competition In Blind Camera Comparison
- 2014-03-18: Nokia Lumia 1520 Set To Receive Software Update
- 2014-03-09: Delta Air Lines Upgrading Nokias To Lumia 1520