Back in November, Motorola took the wraps off the Moto G which shared the customizability of the Moto X, except that the device would be a low-end product that is aimed at those looking for a smartphone on the cheap and not worry too much about hardware specs, and with it priced at $179, we find that hard to argue with. The handset is expected to see a launch in Q1 2014 on Verizon’s prepaid network and thanks to a recent image that has been leaked by @evleaks, we can see the device in the image above the interestingly enough seems to be missing Verizon’s branding on it.
We’re sure this is good news to would-be Moto G customers who might not necessarily appreciate having the Verizon brand stamped all over the handset, which can be quite an eyesore, not to mention could decrease its resale value as well. In any case for those who might have forgotten, the Moto G is a 4.5” HD Android smartphone from Motorola, which packs a 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor under its hood with 8GB of onboard storage, and will be accompanied by a 5MP rear-facing camera and will run on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. There will also be a 16GB model that will be priced slightly higher at $199, with both models customizable in terms of its backplate.
Next Story: LG G Flex For Sprint Leaked
- 2014-04-23 Verizon Galaxy S5 'Camera Failed' Issue Irks Users
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20 Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20 Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-05 Verizon's Moto G Receives Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2014-01-02 Moto G Available For Verizon's Prepaid Customers On January 9th
- 2013-12-30 Moto G For Verizon Leaked, Could Be Priced At $100
- 2013-11-13 Verizon Launches Moto G On Prepaid In Q1, 2014
- 2013-07-23 Motorola Droid Ultra Limited Edition Leaked