Motorola’s Active Display made it to the Google Play Store a couple of months ago. The feature makes it much more easier for users to keep up with notifications on their Motorola smartphones, they don’t have to wake up the screen or push any buttons to see if they have missed any notifications. Information appears on the screen by itself, quietly, so users can easily catch up with what they have missed or simply see what the time is. Today Motorola has released an update for Active Display which fixes the lock screen lag bug that had been irking quite a lot of users.
Users were experiencing lag of a couple of seconds when swiping up or down from Active Display screen, the update simply takes care of that bug. The app isn’t compatible with all Motorola Android smartphones, its exclusive to those that are running on Android 4.4 KitKat and have AMOLED displays. The Moto X, Droid MAxx and Droid Ultra fall under this category. If you’re planning to pick up a new Moto X today as Motorola is going to run its $150 off deal once again, you’ll have an Active Display update waiting when you finally receive the device. Moto X has already been upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat.
Next Story: Vivo Xplay 3S Rumored To Feature 2K Display
- 2014-04-20: Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2013-11-19: Verizon Moto X Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-11-18: Verizon Begins Soak Test Process For Moto X Android 4.4 Update [Rumor]