According to the rumor mill, come 2014, Samsung will have plenty of tablets to share with the rest of the world, with four tablets expected in Q1 2014 alone. In fact recently we have seen Samsung tablets appear in shipping manifests and thanks to the folks at Phone Arena who were combing through the FCC’s database, they stumbled across a certain Samsung SM-T520 which has been described as a “portable tablet”, indicating that this device is indeed a tablet and not a smartphone, making that distinction perfectly clear.
Unfortunately the specs or images of the tablet were not available, apart from the usual connectivity options such as WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS. The measures provided indicated that the tablet measures 243mm wide and 172mm tall, which some have estimated to mean that it could be of the 10” variety. It has also been speculated that this device could be powered by Android, which is a safe assumption unless Samsung plans on surprising us with a Tizen-powered tablet. In any case it is unclear as to what this tablet could be, but with CES around the corner and with MWC taking place the month after, we suppose we will learn more soon, so check back with us then for the details.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display