When companies create ads for the products they’re trying to sell, most of the time their motive probably isn’t to incite fear in the hearts of their potential customers. Nokia seems to have gone down that road though with the ad for its new tablet, the Lumia 2520. Since the ad was posted online earlier today, it has gained a lot of attention, which does fulfill one aspect of an advertisement. However, people who watch it hold the opinion that it is genuinely creeping most of them out.
Its actually quite a task to describe this ad, which ultimately tries to sell you on the Lumia 2520 that is being positioned as a mullet of sorts. Basically its a man who enters what appears to be one of the spookiest barbershops in the entire world, only to be met by a barber that puts Sweeney Todd to shame. The man asks for a mullet styled haircut which could once be viewed as a “business in the front, party in the back,” kind of hairdo. Perhaps that’s the image that Nokia’s trying to create for the Lumia 2520, that it has been engineered for both work and play. You do get to look at the tablet during this mini scarefest, because after all, it is what Nokia is trying to sell. The ad is posted above, check it out and let us know how it made you feel, in the comments below.
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2013-12-16: Nokia 'Illusionist' 8.3 Inch Tablet Reportedly Cancelled
- 2013-12-01: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sleep Mode Bug Haunts Users
- 2013-11-25: Nokia Lumia 2520 UK Ad Takes A Swing At The iPad Air
- 2013-11-20: Nokia Lumia 2520 Review
- 2013-11-18: Nokia Lumia 2520 Arriving On Verizon 21st November