The Nintendo 3DS has sold a fair number of consoles, but when you compare it against its predecessor, the Nintendo DS alongside its other variants such as the Nintendo DS Lite, it does not live up to such wild expectations and figures. Still, it is a lovable platform for one to enjoy portable games with, and we were given hints that Nintendo’s Miiverse could eventually wind up on the Nintendo 3DS some time back. Good to know that this is now a reality, as the latest update for the Nintendo 3DS will not only see the Miiverse introduced, it also gets Nintendo Network ID support and a unified eShop wallet for that added level of convenience.
Some would see this to be a huge step when it comes to making sure the fragmented eShop system is unified. After all, console-specific eShops do feature separated digital wallets which can be frustrating at times, especially to those who do not want to manage stuff down to such a macro level. The Miiverse app on the Nintendo 3DS will function in the same manner as that on the Wii U, so hopefully this sense of familiarity will not breed contempt, but rather, make folks happy.
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-02-13: Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo 3DS XL Announced
- 2014-01-12: Nintendo 3DS Set To Do Well In 2014
- 2014-01-08: Nintendo 3DS Hacked To Be Made Region Free
- 2014-01-06: Percentage Of Nintendo 3DS Sales To Be Paid To Tomita As Royalties