Last week we reported that Apple had released its 12 Days of Gifts giveaway app which it releases around the holiday season each year. Through the app, Apple offers millions of iOS users free content such as books, apps, movies, songs and more. The promotion will officially kick off on December 26, at this point in time that app only functions as a countdown timer. However the company had a little surprise for users who had already downloaded the app. Lorde’s new single No Better, which was released on Friday, was given away for free through the app.
The notification Apple attached with the free single read that this was a gift to get users started, as they wait for December 26. Apart from the single, a music video for Lorde’s hit song Royals was also given away for free. Apple has traditionally only limited access to 12 Days of Gifts to iOS users in Canada and Europe, but this time around it has included the U.S. as well. Customers in the U.S. can also download the app and they too are eligible for all the free content that Apple will give out in those 12 days. 12 Days of Gifts is available as a free download from the iTunes App Store.
- 2014-01-30: Intel AppUp Bids Adieu
- 2014-01-07: Apple App Store Downloads Top $10 Billion
- 2013-12-16: 'No Better' Lorde Single Given Away Free By Apple
- 2013-11-26: Apple Tweaks App Store Search Engine To Disregard Spelling Mistakes
- 2013-09-17: Apple Allows Aging iOS Devices To Download Last Compatible Version Of Apps
- 2013-08-01: Google Play Store Has More App Downloads Than Apple App Store