Now this is not exactly a very good way to start off the last day of the work week for gamers, even more so if you are a Battlefield 4 fan. For those of you out there who have already placed a pre-order and have picked up a code to download China Rising with your existing generation Battlefield 4 copy, do bear in mind that you will not be able to carry this particular content over should you wish to upgrade to a next generation digital version, at least this is what we have been hearing from different user reports.
In fact, EA user buckethead232 and NeoGAF user TheVanillaGorilla have the same claim – that they are facing issues when making attempts to download the content after performing an upgrade of their physical PlayStation 3 copy of Battlefield 4 to a digital PlayStation 4 copy. They realized that they are now unable to download the expansion pack that came with their initial purchase.
buckethead232 shared, “I bought BF4 for my PS3, I waited to redeem my download code until after the PS4 came out and I utilized the 10 dollar upgrade to the PS4 version.I go to download China Rising Today and it wont let me download for free. Start an advisor chat and EA has evidently decided this afternoon that if you took this path to upgrade your game you are out of luck and have to pay 14.99 or buy Premium to get it.”
Next Story: Kirobo Robot Carries Out First Space Chat Ever
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-02: DICE Promises To Fix Battlefield 4's Rubber-Banding Issue
- 2014-03-26: Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC For Xbox One And PC Delayed
- 2014-03-10: Battlefield 4 "Rent A Server" Will Be Coming To PS4 Soon
- 2014-02-10: Battlefield 4: Second Assault Could Launch For PC 18th Feb