Nokia announced its first Windows RT tablet, the Lumia 2520, in October. The tablet was recently released and some customers have complained about a sleep mode bug that causes the tablet to become inoperable until the user performs a hard reset. The issue is reportedly being faced by both AT&T and Verizon variants of the device, and quite a lot of users have complained about the exact same issue in Nokia’s official discussions forums.
Users who left comments on the forum speculate that the bug might be related to the display drivers, however Nokia is yet to issue a statement regarding the bug. So its not clear as of now if the Finnish manufacturer is working on a fix. No temporary fix has been figured out by users, the issue doesn’t go away until the tablet is reset. Until then the Lumia 2520′s screen goes blank and does not respond to taps or even presses of the home button. The screen comes back when the tablet is reset by holding both power and Windows button for a few seconds or just holding down the power button for up to ten seconds. Have you noticed similar behaviour on your Nokia Lumia 2520? Do drop a comment and let us know if you have.
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2013-12-18: New Nokia Lumia 2520 Ad Is Creeping People Out
- 2013-12-16: Nokia 'Illusionist' 8.3 Inch Tablet Reportedly Cancelled
- 2013-11-25: Nokia Lumia 2520 UK Ad Takes A Swing At The iPad Air
- 2013-11-20: Nokia Lumia 2520 Review
- 2013-11-18: Nokia Lumia 2520 Arriving On Verizon 21st November