Just the other day Oppo teased on its Weibo account that the Oppo Find 7 handset would be coming soon, and now the Chinese company has taken to its Twitter account to post the image above which more or less confirms that the handset would indeed come with a 2K display. Previously the Oppo Find 5 was the first handset in the market, even before the HTC DROID DNA, to feature a Full HD display which has become the industry standard amongst high-end smartphones these days, and it looks like Oppo could also be the first to the market with a smartphone sporting a 2K display.
Unfortunately as it stands there’s still no word on when the handset could be officially announced, but there is a good chance that we might learn more during either CES or MWC 2014, both of which are around the corner. While Full HD displays might have only been the industry standard for a year, it looks like they could soon be replaced with even higher displays. Apart from the Oppo Find 7, Vivo could also be announcing a smartphone in the form of the Xplay 3S which has also been rumored to sport a 2K display. There has also been talks that the Samsung Galaxy S5 could feature a similarly high resolution as well. What do you guys think? Who’s excited for 2K displays, or do you think that we wouldn’t be able to tell the difference?
- 2014-04-11: Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-07: Oppo Find 7a Pre-Order Going For $499 Apiece
- 2014-04-01: Oppo Find 7a Pre-Order Comes With Goodies
- 2014-03-30: Oppo Find 7a International Pre-Orders Begin April 7th
- 2014-03-23: Oppo Find 7a Outscores Find 7 On Benchmark Graphics Test
- 2014-03-19: Oppo Find 7 Has Been Officially Launched
- 2014-03-15: Oppo Find 7 Image Leaked
- 2014-03-10: New Oppo Find 7 Camera Photos "Confirms" 50MP Camera
- 2014-03-07: Oppo Find 7 Might Not Pack 50MP Camera After All, According To Recent Sighting
- 2014-02-19: Oppo Find 7 To Arrive In 2 Versions