Sony has been releasing some interesting PlayStation 4-related statistics over the past week as they previously announced 6.5 million “Shares” have been achieved since the console’s launch. Today, Sony has once again released another interesting statistic regarding the PlayStation 4 as announce nearly 800,000 gameplay broadcasts have been achieved with over 7.1 million spectator sessions.
The close to 800,000 gameplay broadcasts and over 7.1 million spectate sessions have been counted across the PlayStation 4’s two main video streaming platforms, Twitch and Ustream. In total, Sony says over 20 million minutes of live gameplay have been streamed from the PlayStation 4.
The release of the PlayStation 4 has also meant a 10 percent increase of all content on Twitch. In regards to Ustream, they’re reporting an average of 31 minutes of streaming per broadcaster on the PlayStation 4.
More importantly, what games are being broadcasted from the PlayStation 4? According to Sony, the top games that are being broadcasted are Battlefield 4, Killzone Shadow Fall and Call of Duty: Ghosts. I guess I’m the only one who broadcasts their live gameplay of Resogun and Need for Speed Rivals, eh?
Oh – and Sony has also updated the number of times people have hit the DualShock 4′s “Share” button, from 6.5 million last week, to 10.9 million today. That is a huge jump as the amount of shares have increased by over 4 million in just a week.
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-11: Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-12-05: PS4 Reaches 6.5 Million 'Shares' Since The Console's Release
- 2013-12-05: PS4 Prank Takes A Wrong Turn, Prankster Has The Tables Turned On Him