Earlier today we reported that Sony’s latest gaming console, the PlayStation 4, is the fastest selling console in UK. That report included an estimate that Sony might have managed to sell around 200,000 units during the launch weekend. Sales figures have finally come in from retailers across the country. During the launch weekend across the pond, Sony sold over 250,000 PlayStation 4, making it indeed the fastest selling gaming console to have ever been sold in the UK.
In its first 48 hours of sale, Microsoft’s latest console, the Xbox One, managed to sell just over 150,000 units. Obviously the PS4 is leading Xbox One in that particular region, and we reported yesterday, it seems that Sony’s console will continue to lead its rival during the early sales period. However, analysts are of the view that Xbox One sales in the UK might surge prior to the Christmas shopping period. Nevertheless, both consoles have managed to outsell the Nintendo Wii U in the UK, which has up till now managed to sell over 150,000 units despite the fact that it has been out for over a year now. Sony’s console raked in over £87 million during its launch weekend, and it doesn’t look like its going to lose momentum anytime soon.
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-03-21: Microsoft Not Fazed By PlayStation 4's Lead Over The Xbox One
- 2014-03-13: Survey Predicts 'Swing Gamers' Opting For PS4 Instead Of Xbox One
- 2014-02-24: Xbox One Price Cut Across The Pond
- 2014-02-13: NPD: PS4 Tops Hardware Sales, Xbox One Wins On Game Sales