A couple of weeks ago, we reported that the Qualcomm Toq smartwatch had gone up for pre-order. The good news is that if you missed out on the opportunity to pre-order the device, you’re in luck because it can now be purchased directly via Qualcomm’s website where it is priced at $350. There are two models available, one in black and one in white, but as it stands the white model is said to be “coming soon”, so for now customers will only be able to get their hands on the black model. The device, according to Qualcomm’s website, is expected to begin shipping in 1-2 weeks, so it looks like customers will be in for a wait, but we reckon it should arrive in time for Christmas if you order now.
In terms of specs, Qualcomm’s Toq will sport a 1.55” Mirasol display with Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity. It will play nicely with a variety of Android devices, although Qualcomm does recommend devices running Jelly Beam or later. It will also pack a 240mAh battery which apparently should go for days with a single charge. The Qualcomm Toq was originally designed to be a reference design to manufacturers, although it does cost $50 more than the Galaxy Gear from Samsung, but we will have to wait and see what the reviews say about the device to determine if the $50 difference is justified.
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-14 In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-07 Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 And 808 Announced
- 2014-03-24 OnePlus One Will Tout Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-03-10 Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-02-23 Qualcomm Toq Smartwatch Gets $100 Price Cut
- 2014-01-06 Qualcomm Toq Smartwatch Price Receives $50 Cut
- 2013-11-25 Qualcomm Toq Smartwatch Now Up For Pre-Order
- 2013-11-18 Qualcomm's Toq Smartwatch To See A 2nd Of December Release
- 2013-09-04 Qualcomm Launches Toq, Its Very Own Smartwatch