Earlier yesterday, we did talk up what LG is about to showcase at CES 2014 in Las Vegas, and the topic of a 105-inch Curved Ultra HD TV cropped up. Samsung does not want to be outdone by their domestic rival, that is for sure, and they too, have dropped an announcement that at CES next year, they too, will have a curved 105-inch Ultra HD TV. Somehow, both of their respective press releases tout that their offerings are the “world’s first”, so I will let them duke it out between themselves as to who is right and who is not. The more important thing is, with both giants in the TV industry setting such a precedent, surely we are looking at a possibility of new generation curved TVs hitting the market?
Samsung’s 105-inch curved monster will be also similar to the LG counterpart in this aspect – they both show off 11 million pixels at 5120 x 2160 resolution, accompanied by a 21:9 aspect ratio. Apart from that, Samsung’s curved Ultra HD TV is said to come with their own ‘Quadmatic Picture Engine’ that delivers all content in UHD-level picture quality regardless of the source. Needless to say, pricing details have yet to be determined, but this bad boy clearly falls under the category of “if you must ask, then you can’t afford it.” [Press Release]
- Jacksonville Jaguars And Daktronics Get Largest HD LED Video Displays In The World At Stadium
- Aleratec Cruiser Mini Portable Makes Short Work Of USB Flash Drive Duplication
- Fully Functioning LEGO Keyboard Is The Coolest Thing Ever
- WAVEcopter Waterproof Quadcopter Does Not Mind Getting Wet
- Google Glass-Based System Give ATM Security A Boost