It has been rumored a few times now that Samsung has made up its mind to release Galaxy S5 earlier than originally planned. It was said that the Korean manufacturer has made this decision because Galaxy S4 has not met its internal sales targets. While Samsung is yet to officially confirm anything about its flagship smartphone plans for 2014, famed technology reporter Eldar Murtazin claims that rumors of Galaxy S5 releasing in Q1, 2014 are false. According to him, next year’s flagship Galaxy smartphone will be released in April.
Murtazin’s timeline falls within the timeframe Samsung was initially believed to release Galaxy S5 in. He also says that the company is currently working on the premium smartphone we keep hearing about, but it hasn’t shown the device to its carrier partners as yet. It can’t be said for sure right now when that particular smartphone is going to be released. As per recent rumors, the Galaxy S5 might have a 64-bit Exynos processor, 5 inch flexible 2K display, a 20 megapixel camera, an eye scanner as well as a body fashioned out of metal. While Murtazin dashes hopes of an early Galaxy S5 release, he does say that the Galaxy Note 4 might release earlier than expected, in 2014. Since no official confirmation has come in from Samsung as yet, its best to take these predictions with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-04-14: Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon