Samsung launched its much hyped smartwatch earlier this year, called the Galaxy Gear. It was marketed as a companion gadget for your Galaxy smartphone or phablet, and while it does serve that purpose, the smartwatch hasn’t exactly turned out to be a hit. The company is already rumored to be working on a successor that some believe might even be unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show 2014 next month. A recent patent filing reveals a product that’s quite like the Galaxy Gear, though its thinner and has a flexible display. Could this possibly relate to the Galaxy Gear 2?
Perhaps not, because some believe that this might be related to Galaxy Band. It was recently rumored that Samsung is working on something that might be called the Galaxy Band. It is said to be a fitness focused wearable device that would have a number of sensors for monitoring things like heart rate, temperature, humidity and more. The patent itself hints at that possibility, as one illustration depicts a user taking the device along on his wrist for a bike ride, with the device seen communicating wirelessly with a smartphone in the user’s bag. Samsung obviously is mum about any such device, though it is expected to focus on wearable devices in the coming year.
Next Story: Sony And Panasonic To End OLED Partnership
- 2014-04-22: Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-03-18: Galaxy Gear Price Drops Significantly In Canada
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-19: Multiple Galaxy Gear Models Expected At MWC 2014
- 2014-02-16: AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut