Samsung hasn’t released an AMOLED display touting tablet for quite some time now. Actually the last tablet to come with a AMOLED display from Samsung was the Galaxy Tab 7.7 which was released back in 2011. A few weeks ago it was rumored that next year Samsung is going to release a number of tablets with AMOLED display, and if latest reports coming in from Korea are to be believed, one such tablet might be launched as early as January, 2014. As per the report, the company might launch a 10.5 inch AMOLED tablet next month.
After the 10.5 inch tablet is out, the report claims that Samsung might also launch 8 inch and 13 inch AMOLED tablets. Recent speculation suggests that Samsung might focus more on tablets in 2014, and another recent rumor claimed that as many as four new tablets might be launched in Q1 alone by the Korean company. Samsung itself hasn’t confirmed its plans for next year as yet, so it can’t be said for sure if such a device is indeed coming in January. However, the Consumer Electronics Show 2014 takes place next month in Las Vegas, it is after all the biggest show of its kind so it probably won’t surprise anyone if Samsung does end up launching a new tablet at the show.
Next Story: Smokio Is The First Connected E-Cigarette
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-04-07: 10.5-Inch Samsung AMOLED Tablet Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-23: Samsung 10.5-Inch AMOLED Tablet Presumably Spotted
- 2014-03-16: Samsung Hungary Hints At AMOLED Display Touting Galaxy TabPRO
- 2014-01-08: Samsung U9500 And U9B TVs Arriving In Second Half Of 2014
- 2014-01-08: Samsung 85-Inch 4K Bendable TV Prototype Making Waves At CES