Back in 2011, Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Tab 7.7, which according to the South Korea tech giant, is the world’s first tablet to sport a Super AMOLED Plus display. Well if you had a chance to play with the device or if you own it and you like what you see, you might be interested to learn that Samsung could be working on more AMOLED tablets for 2014. According to the Korean media, they are reporting that Samsung is currently working on AMOLED tablets of the 8-inch and 10-inch variety and that they will be launched alongside the Samsung Galaxy S5 which has been rumored for a release in April 2014.
So far Samsung’s tablet efforts haven’t really resulted in high-powered devices, as most of the specs tend to range from low-mid ranged. This is unlike the competition, such as Google and their Nexus tablets, and Amazon with the Kindle Fire HDX, both of which feature some pretty decent specs and displays. However it seems that Samsung’s AMOLED displays are only reserved for the high-end tablets, so if the rumors are true, we could be looking at some pretty decent tablet hardware from Samsung come 2014. The mass production of these tablets are expected to begin in 2014, so be sure to check back with us then for the details!
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter