We have heard rumors of the Samsung Galaxy S5, and given the success of the previous Galaxy S devices, it does not come as a surprise that Samsung would be looking to create another successor in their highly successful lineup of Android smartphones. Thanks to a sighting on GFXBench, a certain Samsung SM-G900S has made an appearance which has led to speculation that perhaps the device could be the Galaxy Round’s successor, or it could be the Galaxy S5.
It seems more than likely that it could be the Galaxy S5, or at least another high-end device from Samsung, namely thanks to its display which is set at 2560×1440. Given that curved displays can only go up to 720p HD at the moment, chances are this will not be the Galaxy Round 2. In fact that particular resolution is what the Galaxy S5 is rumored to feature: a 5” 2560×1440 display with a pixel density of 560ppi. The benchmarks also revealed a Snapdragon 800 chipset clocked at 2.5GHz, which is odd given that we heard the Galaxy S5 could feature a 64-bit Exynos chipset from Samsung, although there is a possibility that this could be the LTE version.
Take it with a grain of salt for now, but keep in mind that benchmarks can be faked. However we will be keeping our eyes peeled for more information, so if the Galaxy S5 is your next handset, then the model number SM-G900S might be one worth keeping an eye on.
Next Story: Cherry Announces MX RGB Keyboard Switches
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17 Galaxy S5 Review