If you’re looking to build a computer that will be able to boot fast and load software faster, chances are you will probably need a solid state drive (SSD). Unfortunately SSDs can get pretty pricey, meaning that chances of an SSD completely replacing your regular hard drive is out of the question, unless you don’t mind spending hundreds of dollars for half the size of a regular hard drive. In any case if you do have the cash to splash, you might be interested to learn that Samsung their latest SSD in the form of the 840 EVO SSD, which they claim is the industry’s first 1TB mini-Serial ATA SSD.
What this means is that while most SSDs will play nicely with desktop computers, these smaller SSDs should fit nicely in Ultrabooks or thinner devices where a 2.5” drive might not be possible. The new SSD from Samsung promises a read and write speed of 540MB/s and 520MB/s respectively, and will also be available in 120GB, 250GB, and 500GB capacities. No word on how much it will cost, but chances are you will have to dig deep into your bank account if you want to get your hands on one of these bad boys. It is also expected to see a release sometime later this month. So, any takers?
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2013-10-11 Samsung SSD EVO 250GB And 750GB Review
- 2013-07-17 Samsung XS1715 SSD Monster: 740000 IOPS, 3000MB/s and 1.6TB Capacity
- 2013-07-17 Samsung SSD 840 EVO Reaches 1TB Capacity
- 2012-11-07 Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD comes with Assassin’s Creed 3
- 2012-06-05 Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Bundled with the Samsung 830 SSD