Sauron’s One Ring proved to be his downfall, but when he had it, he was nigh unstoppable. The thing is, that ring was meant to rule them “all”, but when one takes a step out of the realm of fiction and into the real world, what do we end up with? Here is an Indiegogo project that I personally hope to see realized – the Smarty Ring, which is the ring to rule the world of wearable tech. All right, maybe rule is too strong a word, and complement might be better. The Smarty Ring happens to be a stainless steel ring with an LED display, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity thrown into the mix, all measuring 13mm wide and accompanied by a smartphone app.
Needless to say, the Smarty Ring will pair up with a smartphone, where it will then double up as a remote control as well as a notification receiver. With the smartwatch already having such a small viewing area, what more a ring, one will really wonder whether the Smarty Ring will end up being as useful as it has been touted to be, or more of a flashy, one-off tech device that would die a quick death. The ring’s display will show off the time, accept or reject calls, control music, trigger the smartphone’s camera, and initiate speed-dial calls, not to mention alert you using light-up icons that are different when it comes to texts, e-mails, Facebook, Twitter, Google Hangouts, and Skype. Any takers? [Smarty Ring Project Page]
- 2014-04-14: LithiumCard Is A Charger That Can Fit In Your Wallet
- 2014-04-04: The Body Dryer Wants To Do Away With The Need For Towels
- 2014-03-24: iHear Is A Hearing Aid That Can Be Calibrated Over The Internet
- 2014-03-07: Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- 2014-03-04: Lifesaver iPhone Case Will Attempt To Save Your Life