The Sony Xperia Z1s has been spotted in the wild before, where some folks have also called it the Xperia Z1 mini. Apparently, the Sony Xperia Z1s has made its rounds through Postel, which happens to be the wireless authority in the nation of Indonesia. Well, we are glad to say that the Sony Xperia Z1s has finally made its way over to the US, thanks to some documents from the FCC which reveal a diagram of the device, where from there, we have also garnered information about the size of its footprint – measuring 129mm x 64.9mm.
As for the software version of the Sony Xperia Z1s, it has been listed as 14.2.A.0.144, which should point to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (apparently, when it came to the Xperia Z Ultra, 14.2.A.0.290 happened to be the listing which was equivalent of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update). For those who are not in the know, the Sony Xperia Z1s happens to be a smaller version of the Z1 flagship, where it comes equipped with a 4.3″ 720p display, running on a Snapdragon 800 chipset, sporting a 20.7-megapixel camera alongside a water-resistant design. Whispers on the street have it that the Sony Xperia Z1s will arrive sometime in the first quarter of next year, sporting a $590 price point. [FCC Page]
Next Story: Instagram Direct Messaging Service Announced
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-03 Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2014-03-28 T-Mobile's Xperia T2 Ultra Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Passes Through The FCC
- 2014-01-23 Sony Xperia Z1s Now Available Via T-Mobile
- 2014-01-06 Sony Xperia Z1S Image Leaked