Spotify announced last week they would be offering an ad-supported version of its popular music streaming service on mobile devices, but it seems that’s not the only bit of good news they had for us this month. LG Smart TV owners will be getting Spotify as LG says it will be making its dedicated app available to all 2013 model Smart TVs, although the service will only be available to premium account holders. Yes – this means in order to use Spotify on your LG Smart TV, you’ll have to be a subscriber to Spotify as there currently isn’t an ad-supported version of the service for smart TVs.
With the inclusion of LG, Spotify sits in a very good spot as they currently support three major TV makers as they already have applications for Samsung and Philips TVs. It also has an advantage over its rivals as Spotify users have access to over 20 million tracks, which they can pick and choose what they want to hear unlike Pandora and Rdio.
As for when LG Smart TV owners can get in on the Spotify fun, the company says Spotify’s app will be available in over 30 countries over the next coming days. We hope you buffed up your Christmas music playlist by now as it’s going to get a lot of play over the next few days.
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-16: Gold LG G3 Reportedly Coming This Summer
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2013-11-21: LG Smart TV Firmware Update Will Prevent It From Spying
- 2013-11-21: LG Investigating Claims Of Spying Smart TVs
- 2013-06-10: LG And Ubitus Announces GameNow Cloud Gaming Service On LG Smart TVs
- 2013-05-31: LG Smart TV App Gets Golf App To Help Improve Your Swing
- 2013-05-29: LG Cinema 3D Smart TVs Get Four New Game World Titles