According to a previous report, it was suggested that upcoming Nintendo titles such as Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. could be arriving in the Spring of 2014. This information was supposedly revealed by a Nintendo executive, but as it turns out, the Spring 2014 date is wrong. The rumor has since been quashed by Super Smash Bros.’ game director himself, Masahiro Sakurai, who took to Twitter to state that while the Spring 2014 date is wrong, the game is still pegged for a release sometime in 2014, although no specific dates were mentioned.
It was not mentioned if this applied to Mario Kart 8 as well, or if Mario Kart 8 could be released separately, but it has been speculated that both games could see a release at the same time. Either way it looks like if you were hoping to get your hands on Super Smash Bros. in the near future, sorry to disappointment, but either way hopefully we will be given a more specific release date in the near future, so be sure to check back with us later for the details!
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-07: Job Listing For Super Smash Bros. 6 Spotted, Coming In 2015
- 2013-12-26: Princess Zelda Will Be Playable In Super Smash Bros.
- 2013-12-16: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Will Include Dr. Wily Castle Stage
- 2013-12-11: Mario Kart 8 And Super Smash Bros. Pegged For Spring 2014