Microsoft has already released two generations of its Surface tablets, for now it appears to be committed to its tablet project, which has yielded mixed results in various markets around the globe. Rumors have circulated for quite some time now that Microsoft has yet another tablet up its sleeve, one with a small form factor than the existing Surface tablets. Called the Surface Mini, this tablet is believed to be unveiled next year. As per the latest rumors, its possible for this tablet to coming with Kinect like motion sensing features, which would allow users to control it through hand and face movements.
The rumor that Surface Mini tablet will come with similar somatosensory technology employed by Kinect, also made by Microsoft, comes from Chinese publication WPDang which claims to have received it from an anonymous source. The source claims that this feature will work much smoother than the gesture features currently offered by Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3. Other rumors specifications of this tablet include an 8 inch full 1080p HD display, an Intel Bay Trail Processor and Windows 8.1. No information on pricing or availability has been made public as yet, the design itself is yet to be seen. Microsoft has not confirmed as yet when we can expected to see the Surface Mini tablet.
Next Story: Facebook Introduces Video Ads
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Surface Mini Could Be Marketed As A Note Taking Device [Rumor]
- 2013-10-01: Microsoft Surface Boss Promises Multiple Sizes And Aspect Ratios
- 2013-09-25: Surface Mini Allegedly Delayed Until Spring 2014
- 2013-09-25: Alleged Surface Mini Specs Revealed