For some people it is absolutely imperative to share very little detail of their day on various social networks, which is why one can easily find most people glued to, Facebook and Twitter chiefly, at any public place. People who constantly feel the need to share aspects of their daily life with the world need a reliable data connection, and if there’s no Wi-Fi and the data plan has run out, one can only imagine how they manage to survive such a situation. T-Mobile’s prepaid brand, GoSmart, has teamed up with the world’s largest social network to offer free unlimited Facebook access to customers even if they do not have a monthly data plan.
Free access also applies to Facebook Messenger, so all of GoSmart’s customers can even chat with their connections on Facebook even if they don’t have a data plan. The service begins from January and requires users to log-on from a browser or the Facebook app on a compatible device. Chris Daniels, vice president of partnerships at Facebook, said that the social network is “delighted” that GoSmart’s subscribers that don’t have data access can use Facebook for free. This is certainly enticing for those who don’t want to be tied up with a postpaid plan, don’t require a data plan but don’t mind being able to check up on Facebook whenever they want, without having to worry about any charges.
Next Story: ASUS Teases Dual-Boot Device For CES 2014
- 2014-04-22: Research On Facebook Unfriending Impact
- 2014-04-22: WhatsApp Now Has Half A Billion Active Users
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2011-05-24: T-Mobile Bobsled returns
- 2011-04-25: T-Mobile Bobsled is temporarily suspended
- 2011-04-19: T-Mobile Bobsled – the free Facebook calling app