Magenta has started making waves again. A few days back T-Mobile CEO tweeted that the carrier is going to remove another customer “pain point,” he didn’t offer much details except that we should wait for T-Mobile’s uncarrier 4.0 announcement. Invitations have been sent out to the media, T-Mobile is going to make its hyped announcement at the Consumer Electronics Show 2014 in Las Vegas, next month. The media event has been planned for Wednesday, January 8th.
T-Mobile started off with its string of uncarrier announcements earlier this year, the first eliminated traditional two year service contracts on the carrier as well as device subsidies. The carrier also unveiled its Jump! program which lets subscribers upgrade their devices without worrying about eligibility. Only recently T-Mobile announced that it will offer unlimited global data roaming at 2G speeds with no extra cost. As per recent rumors, the uncarrier 4.0 announcement might be related to covering ETF or early termination fees for new subscribers that are switching from other carriers while their contracts are not yet up. Since these subscribers will be charged early termination fees by their carriers, T-Mobile would apparently cover that so these subscribers don’t have to pay a hefty fee just because they want to switch. There’s no confirmation of this as yet, so just wait until January 8th to find out what’s next from T-Mobile.
Next Story: Steam Holiday Sale 2013 Kicks Off
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13 Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-01-06 T-Mobile Sony XPERIA Z1s: Hands-On Review
- 2014-01-03 T-Mobile CEO Calls AT&T Desperate, Promises An Announcement At CES 2014