Charm bracelets are usually thought of as an accessory worn mainly by women, but it looks like the company Mighty Cast is hoping to dispel that myth with the Nex Band, a charm bracelet of sorts designed for gamers and those interested in wearable technology. The company plans to sell the bracelet along with a host of different charms that the wearer can mix and match to achieve different objectives, which could focus either on gaming, social, or maybe even fitness. However given that Mighty Cast was not particularly specific about what sort of apps or features would be available, it’s pretty much open to speculation at this point in time.
The website states that they will be accepting pre-orders soon, but no specific dates were mentioned yet. If anything this kind of reminds us of toys and gadgets in real life that interact with software, such as the Skylanders series of toys in which they toy is not just a toy, but acts as controller/interface of sorts which can be used to interact with the game as well. Will the Nex Band appeal to hardcore gamers? Or will the end result be directed at young children or tweens who are looking for something novel to mess around with? We guess we will have to wait and see, but in the meantime what do you guys make of it? Good idea?
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-04-10: Kolibree First Electrical Connected Toothbrush on Kickstarter
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-04-10: Google May Allow Anyone To Buy Glass For One Day
- 2014-04-09: Wearable Wednesday SF: Avoiding Traps When Building Wearable Hardware April 16