Microsoft has seemingly taken the move to work with a rapid release cycle for its Windows operating system, and ‘Blue’ happens to be one of their end results. Well, what comes after ‘Blue’? One thing is for sure – Microsoft has not decided to fall on a range of colors, but rather, has chosen the name “Threshold”, and Microsoft intends to target a release date sometime later in Spring of 2015.
Mary Jo Foley was the one behind this particular bit of news, but apart from the name “Threshold”, it remains to be seen just what will be revealed in the updates. One thing could very well happen though – the release might just work to make sure that the family of Windows-based products will be brought closer, and among them will include the likes of Windows Phone, Windows, and the Xbox One game console. According to Mary Jo Foley, “Threshold” will build upon cross-platform commonality for “high value activities”, as Microsoft works to make sure that its key platforms will be able to interact with one another better than before. This sure as heck sounds like quite a plan, but will Microsoft be able to see it through eventually? Only time will be able to tell.
- 2014-04-17 Maxpad Windows 8.1 PC-TV Launched
- 2014-04-15 Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-11 Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-08 Microsoft Seeks To Flood China With Cheap Windows Tablets [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08 Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available For Download
- 2014-04-07 Windows 8.1 Update Compulsory For Windows 8.1 Users
- 2013-12-10 Windows 8 Threshold Could Bring Back Full Start Menu Experience [Rumor]