Time Warner Cable has been making its TWC TV app available on a number of platforms which include mobile devices, some set-top boxes and even video game consoles. And this week, Time Warner Cable is set to add another platform to the mix, which we, and the rest of the tech world, means the Apple TV.
It was rumored earlier this year both Apple and Time Warner Cable were nearing a deal to bring the TWC TV app to the Apple TV, and six months seems to be just the right amount of time for something this big to take to get just right. Having the TWC TV app launch on Apple TV at this time would mean you could stream live channels and watch videos on demand from Time Warner Cable without needing a separate cable box.
Apple TV isn’t the only platform that could possibly receive compatibility with the TWC TV app as Google’s Chromecast could also be in the running to receive an update to allow the application to stream content onto the video-streaming dongle.
Whatever device that will be receiving the TWC TV app, we’re sure many of you will welcome it with open arms as the more devices the application is made available on, the less likely you’re going to need to rent additional set-top boxes from Time Warner Cable.
- 2013-12-10: Time Warner Cable Open To Including Netflix On Its Set-Top Boxes
- 2013-12-09: Time Warner Cable Adding TWC TV App Support To Another Platform This Week
- 2013-10-31: Time Warner Cable Boosting Internet Data Speeds In Select Markets
- 2013-08-27: Xbox 360 Receives TWC TV App With Access To 300 Live Channels
- 2013-07-03: Apple, Time Warner Cable Nearing Deal To Bring Service To Apple TV
- 2013-06-28: Xbox 360 Welcomes Time Warner Cable Live TV App Later This Summer