Capcom has been very well known for their fighting games over recent years as they continue to work on its popular fighting franchises, such as Street Fighter 4. One of its other popular fighting game series, Marvel vs. Capcom, had a new title released just a few years back, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, which released on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 with digital versions released on their respective marketplaces. But Capcom will soon be leaving the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace for good, according to a recent post on the company’s blog.
Leading up to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3’s removal from the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace, Capcom is holding a sale for the title that discounts downloadable content for the title by 50 percent on PSN, although details about the same sale on the Xbox Live Marketplace have yet to be released.
The last day you can purchase DLC for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on PSN will be December 17 in North America, while Xbox 360 players will have a little more time as December 26 will be the final day for purchasing DLC.
Capcom doesn’t disclose as to the reason why Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is being removed from the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace. We just hope they have a very good reason since it’s still a great fighting game that many continue to enjoy.
- 2014-03-10: Capcom And Twitch Deliver Capcom Pro Tour
- 2014-02-24: Capcom's DLCs Account For 15-16% Of Their Sales
- 2014-02-21: Money Matches Arrives For Super Street Fighter 4
- 2014-01-24: Ultra Street Fighter IV Lets You Upload Online Matches To YouTube Directly
- 2014-01-22: Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD For PC Announced
- 2013-08-14: Capcom Essentials Bundle Confirmed, Headed For PS3 And Xbox 360
- 2013-07-09: New Lost Planet 3 Trailer Features A Lot Of Internal Monlogue [Video]
- 2013-04-11: Ubisoft Announces Flashback Remake For XBLA, PSN
- 2013-03-25: DuckTales Remastered Coming To XBLA, PSN, Wii U This Summer
- 2013-02-27: Remember Me Releasing On Xbox 360, PS3, PC On June 7