Capcom announced yet another version of Street Fighter 4 expected to be released in the coming months. Ultra Street Fighter 4 would add an additional 5 brawlers to the already impressive roster along with a few tweaks to the game’s mechanics to fine-tune it a bit. A post on Capcom Unity has confirmed the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Ultra Street Fighter 4 will be available in June 2014, along with a release on PC in August 2014.
Ultra Street Fighter 4’s initial release will be made available as a digital update to Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition and will cost for $14.99 across all platforms. For those who want to jump into the Street Fighter 4 goodness with Ultra Street Fighter 4, they can do so by purchasing either a digital or retail bundle of the game on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, which Capcom says will be available in August. The Ultra Street Fighter 4 bundle will retail for $39.99. PC gamers will need to wait a bit longer, which is why Capcom is discounting the retail and digital versions on PC to $29.99.
If you’re wondering why Capcom is taking so long to release Ultra Street Fighter 4, Capcom’s Peter Rosas says the reason behind the mid-2014 release is to ensure the title could be included in the Evolution 2014 tournaments.
- 2014-04-21 New Ultra Street Fighter IV English Trailer Denotes 44 Challengers
- 2014-03-17 Street Fighter II's Chun-Li Almost Came With A Shorter Life Bar
- 2014-02-21 Money Matches Arrives For Super Street Fighter 4
- 2014-02-14 Tekken X Street Fighter Apparently Still In Development
- 2014-01-24 Ultra Street Fighter IV Lets You Upload Online Matches To YouTube Directly
- 2013-09-01 Capcom Uploads "I Am Street Fighter" Documentary On YouTube
- 2013-08-19 Street Fighter Will Not Be Arriving On The Wii U