Ever since Android 4.4 KitKat was released a few weeks back, people who own Android devices have been wondering exactly when the latest update is going to be released for their particular device. Since the initial launch for Nexus devices, KitKat has been making its way to other Android smartphones and tablets. Next in line are the Verizon exclusive Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini smartphones. All three receive Android 4.4 KitKat update today.
While Verizon has often been criticized for taking a lot of time when it comes to updates, the carrier was actually the first to release KitKat for Moto X. It seems that Motorola device are faring much better on the Big Red. That aside, this latest update brings Google’s latest OS refresh with a new full screen “immersive mode,” color emoji, new Hangouts app, updated dialer app as well as a lot of tweaks and improvements. Verizon is rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat update for Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini in stages and over-the-air. So don’t panic if the update doesn’t immediately show up on your device. It may take some time before it becomes available in all regions. Download and installation will take place on the device itself, the entire process shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.
Next Story: Microsoft Talks Up Bing Future
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2013-12-15: Verizon Droid MAXX Available For $12.49 On Contract