Over the past couple of weeks the Android 4.3 update has been released for a number of Samsung devices, primarily those that have already been succeeded by newer models. The update is important in the sense that it brings support for the company’s new smartwatch, Galaxy Gear. After having been released for the Sprint and AT&T variants, today Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 update has been released which finally adds support for the smartwatch to Big Red’s version of the popular phablet.
Apart from support for the smartwatch, this update comes with all of the goodies that users expect from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. A number of preinstalled applications from Samsung are also included in the update, and so is the Samsung Knox enterprise security suite. The update also makes improvements to the music player, S Voice, camera and more. Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 update weighs in around 700MB, its a hefty download, once you’ll definitely want to start on a strong Wi-Fi connection. Verizon is rolling out the update over the air, by now it should have gone live in almost all regions. Those who haven’t received the update notification as yet on their Galaxy Note 2 units can try manually requesting the update through the “Update” button in the Settings app.
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20: Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20: Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2013-12-18: Verizon Galaxy S3 Gets Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-12-17: HTC One Android 4.3 Update Increases Charging Speeds, Has VZ Cloud App Preloaded
- 2013-12-17: AT&T Galaxy Note 2 Update Brings Galaxy Gear Support And More
- 2013-12-15: Verizon HTC One Android 4.3 Update Approved
- 2013-12-09: Android 4.3 For T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 Released