Verizon today started rolling out an OTA update for its variant of the Galaxy Note 3, however there isn’t much cause for celebration as the update doesn’t bring Android 4.4 KitKat. Google’s latest mobile OS version is still not available for the popular phablet, it may take quite a few weeks before it is ultimately released. Today’s update deals with bug fixes and performance improvements, it also brings with it a substantial amount of bloatware, the apps that the carrier thinks its absolutely necessary for you to have on your device.
This update will bring the Verizon Cloud, My InfoZone widget, VMware and Verizon Support & Protection version 2.0. Apart from that, the update also adds an urgent priority notification to voicemail notifications, and also improves connectivity and sound quality. Email sync, notification panel responsiveness and mobile hotspot have all been improved. Issues plaguing handwriting data entry for email and SMS, as well as Samsung keyboard have also been resolved. Incoming calls will now display Picture Me on screen where users are using call waiting. These nifty little tweaks and the new bloatware is all that makes up Verizon’s latest OTA update for Galaxy Note 3. It will be released over-the-air, so an update notification should pop up on your device if it hasn’t already.
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-01-22: Rose Gold Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Makes Its Way To Verizon
- 2013-11-07: Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Address Sound Quality And Connectivity Issues
- 2013-10-11: Galaxy Note 3 Developer Edition “Coming Soon”
- 2013-10-10: Verizon Gets Galaxy Note 3
- 2013-09-22: Verizon's Galaxy Note 3 Will Drop The Branding On The Front