Earlier this year when Samsung released the Galaxy Gear smartwatch only a handful of the company’s devices were able to support it. Since then an update has been rolled out which widens the net, allowing more and more people to hook up their $299 smartwatch with their Samsung devices. Support is only limited to the company’s own devices, so its not like anyone with an Android device from another OEM can take advantage of the smartwatch. Galaxy S4 Mini owners on Verizon are in luck as the Big Red has rolled out an update which brings support for the wearable device.
Apart from that, Big Red also claims that the update is going to improve the performance of the Galaxy S4 Mini. A number of issues have also been resolved and exchange email server connectivity, Verizon 4G LTE connectivity, Isis Mobile wallet and Google Voice prompt timing have all been improved. The update also comes with a handsome amount of bloatware, apps that the carrier bundles with the update itself. Verizon’s MyInfoZone Widget, Verizon Cloud, and VMWare are baked into this update. The update is going to be rolled out over-the-air, that too in stages. So if hasn’t popped up on your Galaxy S4 Mini right now, don’t worry as you will definitely be receiving a notification soon.
Next Story: Sprint Wants To Buy T-Mobile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Kyocera Brigadier Tipped For Verizon
- 2014-04-06: Galaxy S5 For Verizon And US Cellular To Get Additional Anti-Theft Features
- 2014-04-04: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Up For Pre-Order
- 2013-09-05: Verizon Offers Galaxy Note 3 And Galaxy Gear Smartwatch