The Android 4.2.2 update won’t get a lot of people excited these days, considering the fact that this release is quite old now. Android 4.4 is in demand these days, however due to fragmentation on Google’s mobile platform, not all devices support the latest firmware version. So there are still quite a lot of people out there who would be happy to see Android 4.2.2 pop up for their devices. Case in point is the Verizon HTC Droid DNA, which has finally received this update. Droid DNA owners on the Big Red will finally be jumping up from Android 4.1.
One of the biggest features that this update brings in Sense 5, which includes new People and Calendar applications, BlinkFeed, new Gallery and dialer application. Apart from that, the usual slew of bug fixes is present, along with improvements to battery performance. Android 4.2.2 update for Verizon HTC Droid DNA is being rolled out in two parts. First, users will receive build 2.08.605.1710RD which will prepare the device for build 3.06.605.4, the build that contains all of the new features. The update also, quite obviously, bumps up the core OS version from Android 4.1 to Android 4.2.2. Verizon is going to roll out the update over-the-air, and that too in stages. So a little patience will go a long way, even if the update notification hasn’t already popped up on your Droid DNA.
Next Story: Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2013-05-15 Verizon HTC One Release Rumored
- 2012-12-17 Verizon "employee edition" of the HTC DROID DNA spotted
- 2012-11-21 HTC DROID DNA now available from Verizon
- 2012-11-19 Droid DNA Review
- 2012-11-13 Droid DNA Hands-On!