Verizon, the largest mobile carrier in the U.S., was actually the last major carrier to offer the HTC One. Ultimately, the Taiwanese manufacturer’s flagship smartphone was launched on the Big Red, finally allowing its existing and prospective subscribers to pick one up. Those who did would no doubt be waiting for the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update to drop. It was revealed recently that the update will take quite a bit of time to be released, so users could do nothing but sit around and wait. The good news is that the wait is almost over. Executive Director, Product Management At HTC has revealed via Twitter that the company has received technical approval from Verizon for the HTC One Android 4.3 update.
The update is going to bring a number of new features, including the Sense 5.0 user interface. Once Verizon updates the support documents, only then it will be fully revealed exactly what this update brings for Big Red’s variant of the smartphone. Over-the-air roll out of Verizon HTC One Android 4.3 update is pegged for early next week, so its really just a matter of days now before users are finally able to get their hands on the update. Once they do, the long wait for Android 4.4 KitKat to drop will officially begin.
Next Story: NSA Could Decode Private Cellphone Conversations
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20: Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20: Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-02-07: Verizon Pushing Out Android 4.4 For HTC One
- 2013-12-22: Verizon Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Brings Galaxy Gear Support
- 2013-12-18: Verizon Galaxy S3 Gets Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-12-17: HTC One Android 4.3 Update Increases Charging Speeds, Has VZ Cloud App Preloaded
- 2013-11-20: HTC Details Android 4.4 Update Roadmap For HTC One And Droid DNA