Earlier this year Motorola announced the Moto X, a handset which was not as powerful compared to the competition, but offered customizability as one of its differentiating factors. This customization came in the form of different color backplates and custom engraving, although what made the handset particularly interesting was the fact that customers could potentially choose a wooden backplate, giving it a rather unique finish and look.
Unfortunately that particular option has been delayed, but according to @evleaks, he has revealed that the backplates are “still coming”, along with two photos of what appears to be leaked renderings of the upcoming option, although given that we already know what it might look like, this is hardly a surprise. According to a report a few months ago, it was stated that we might be able to expect the wooden backplates in Q4 2013, and considering that we’re almost at the end of the year, it’s safe to say that it could be anytime that these options are announced.
We’ll keep our eyes peeled for more information, so be sure to check back with us later for the details. In the meantime is there anyone planning on getting their wooden Moto X? If Motorola is keeping its prices, the wooden backplate option is said to cost an extra $50.
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-03-25: LG Optimus Zone 2 For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-03-20: All New HTC One Poster For Verizon Spotted
- 2014-02-23: Verizon Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Release Soon
- 2014-02-14: LG G Pad 8.3 For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-02-12: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition For Verizon Leaked