When the Sony PS4 was first released in the US, it managed to garner over a million units in sales within 24 hours. Not to be outdone, Microsoft’s Xbox One, which was introduced to the North American market not too long after that, also managed to clock up more than one million consoles in sales figures within a day. Here we are with Black Friday having come and past, and it seems that the console which is ahead happens to be the Xbox One from Microsoft, or at least according to a survey conducted by InfoScout.
InfoScout happens to be a market research firm, and their findings have pointed to the Xbox One console sales taking up 31% of the market. In second place lies the Xbox 360 with just 1% behind the leader, but perhaps the $180 price point has something to do with it. As for the PS4 from Sony, it came in 4th place by capturing 15% of the market, but one would have to bear in mind that limited stock in stores also play a factor in the final reading. This survey looks into sales from Target and Walmart, so the final tally might change in the long run. Which console do you own at the moment?
Next Story: PSN Suspends Redemption Of Vouchers
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2013-12-02: Xbox One Cyber Monday 2013 Deal Brings Ultimate Bundle For $800