Major Nelson has just announced that there will be a compulsory Xbox One system update which will launch real soon, and this particular update will be a wee bit different from what most folks are used to when it comes to the Xbox 360. In short, brace yourselves! Should you be using the Xbox One “Instant On” (which happens to be the low power state which enables you to turn on the console simply by speaking the magic words “Xbox On”), your console will immediately proceed and make a check for updates should you turn it off. The update has already been available since 5pm PT, December 10th.
After downloading the update automatically, the console will power completely down. This would mean one needs to manually turn on the console after the update is downloaded, as the “Xbox On” voice command will be unavailable until after the update is fully installed. When the console is turned on, this update will be applied, before the Xbox One goes through a reboot process. Even if you are not around for a few days, the Xbox One will still perform regular checks for updates, where they will download it in the background as well. Among some of the issues addressed with this update include SmartGlass problems for selected users when coming in and out of connected standby, multiplayer issues for a few when they rejoin games, inconsistent notifications for select users, dashboard performance for some users, as well as deliver improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time.
Next Story: Nokia Normandy Could Be Android-Powered Device
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-21 Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-17 Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2013-11-19 PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25 Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01 Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18 PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles