We did read about how the Sony Xperia Z1 has already been on the receiving end of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update recently, and for those who happen to live in China, the Xperia Z1 too, has made its way to that part of the world, although it has been launched with a different model number this time around – where it is better known as the L39t. China Mobile, the world’s largest carrier, has been making the rumor rounds recently of offering the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c from Apple this coming December 18th, and to be able to pick up the flagship Sony Xperia Z1 is another feather in their cap.
This high end model from Sony would come with a 5” display at 1080 x 1920 resolution, a quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB RAM and a 20.7-megapixel shooter at the back. The Sony L39t from China Mobile will be slightly different in terms of its hardware specifications, where instead of carrying 16GB of internal memory, it will have double the amount of space at 32GB. One major drawback would be the lack of a microSD memory card slot, which would be a bummer for any. Anyone of you living in China would pick this over Apple’s shiny new offerings?
- 2014-03-10: Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-20: Sony Sirius Compared With Xperia Z1 Side By Side
- 2014-01-14: Sony Xperia Z1 Users Complain Of Their Phones Warping
- 2013-12-16: Xperia Z1 Launched In China As The L39t
- 2013-12-16: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Rolling Out To Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra