Kids these days can be said to be exposed to extremely sophisticated devices and toys right from an extremely young age, so much so when you pass them a piece of paper and some crayons, they look at you bluntly, wondering why the “stylus” leaves a mark on the “screen” which cannot be turned on. All right, I might be exaggerating here, but you get the idea. Technology has more or less infiltrated every aspect of our lives, and ZowPow hopes to bridge the traditional with the new by introducing plush toys which function as controllers for iOS mobile games.
In fact, the first plush controller from ZowPow happens to be meant for a game known as Tiny Plane. The toy itself resembles that of a plane, where it will be able to connect wirelessly to a mobile device via Bluetooth LE (Low Energy). Should the toy be held near the mobile device, it will be able to automatically hook up the two. There are sensors and accelerometers within the plush toy which would enable the game to know just where the plane is, so that the game plays along just fine. The Tiny Plane plush “controller” would retail for $25, which is 25 times more than the mobile game itself.
Next Story: DHL Drone Delivery Test Proved To Be A Success
- 2013-12-10: ZowPow Plush Toy Controller Targets Kids
- 2013-08-21: PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Controllers Get Magma Red And Wave Blue Colors
- 2013-08-12: Xbox One Controller Plays Nice With PC In 2014
- 2013-07-01: Xbox 360 Controller Goes Gold, Literally
- 2013-07-01: Xbox One Controller Taken Apart Already?
- 2013-06-24: Custom Katamari Controller Uses Yoga Ball To Offer New Way To Play