I don’t know about you, but generally speaking, all games look a whole lot better at a higher resolution. As to whether they will play better, that remains to be seen. I clearly remember turning down all of the graphical details in Quake to Quake 3 in a deathmatch to exact the best framerate possible. For those who are interested in Alien: Isolation, you will be pleased to hear that this particular title is set to run at 1080p on both the Xbox One and Sony PS4. The thing is, existing generation consoles have yet to be confirmed.
This confirmation of 1080p resolution for Alien: Isolation was confirmed by Creative Assembly, using their official Twitter feed by informing fans that they were “Happy to confirm that the game will run in 1080p on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!” This particular game will continue in the rich history of the Alien series, where you will follow Ellen Ripley’s daughter Amanda as she creeps around a derelict space station and stumbles upon some Genestealers. Nah, I jest, she was up and about to search for clues for her mother’s whereabouts. Expect Alien: Isolation to launch on the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC later this year.
Next Story: Yahoo Smart TV Introduced
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2014-03-21: Microsoft Not Fazed By PlayStation 4's Lead Over The Xbox One
- 2014-03-18: PS4 Sales In UK Might Have Surged As Well Last Week
- 2014-03-13: Xbox One Closes In On PS4 In February 2014 NPD Figures