Come MWC 2014, many are expecting HTC to announce the successor to the HTC One from back in 2013, which at the moment has been tentatively known as the HTC M8. Now thanks to a case supposedly designed for the HTC M8, the cutouts in the case has suggested that the HTC M8 could sport a fingerprint scanner on the back of the device, where as you can see in the photo above, has been positioned slightly above the device’s camera. The fingerprint scanner feature was rumored due to the HTC One Max coming with the feature, so it was expected that HTC would be bringing it over to the HTC M8 as well, but since this is not the official reveal, do take it with a grain of salt for now.
Other rumored hardware specs of the HTC M8 includes a 5” Full HD 1920×1080 display and it will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU clocked at 2.3GHz. It will also most likely come with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of onboard storage and probably a microSD card slot for memory expansion. The battery of the HTC M8 has also been rumored to be of the 2,900mAh variety and will also come with Android 4.4 KitKat preinstalled. Had the HTC M8 been launched in 2013, it would have been a pretty impressive phone, but with reports of phones with octa-core processors and 2K displays, it’s starting to look a little plain. Hopefully we will learn more at MWC 2014, so check back with us then for the details.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-11: HTC M8 Picture Leaks Yet Again
- 2014-02-10: Sense 6.0 BlinkFeed Seen In Leaked Image
- 2014-01-31: HTC M8 Release Date & Specs Round-Up - Unofficial
- 2014-01-17: HTC M8 Could Arrive In March This Year